- Who is the data controller for your personal data?
South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority (SYMCA) is the controller for all personal data required to help deliver the Launchpad UKSPF programme
- Collecting your personal information
South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority take the privacy of your information very seriously. Our Privacy Notice below explains how we will collect and use the information you give us, for instance when you complete any paper and online forms or provide data to us by telephone or in person. We are committed to good information handling principles and protecting the privacy and confidentiality of any personal information we deal with.
- What personal data will be collected?
Depending on the nature of activities of the UKSPF funded project and the indicators listed under each activity, the following information for each direct or indirect beneficiary where these are individuals may be collected:
- Name of contact point within a business (in some cases property owner) engaged with or individual engaged with
- phone number
- email address
- labour market status prior to receiving support and 6 months after receiving support
- duration of support
- intensity of support
- The purposes for which we use personal information
South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority complies with its obligations under the UK GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We will only use your personal information for the purposes that you would reasonably anticipate or that we state when we collect it and, where necessary, when you have given us your consent. The situations in which this is relevant are set out below:
- To answer your queries or complaints
- To arrange and manage any contracts or funding agreements.
- To manage your relationship with us including providing business support. This may include telling you about events and news updates.
- To send you general marketing information we think you might find useful or which you have requested from us, including our newsletters and information about events
- For the purposes of promoting events and projects related to the activity of SYMCA
- To administer your attendance at any workshops, programmes or events you sign up to.
- For the purpose of undertaking statutory consultation exercises.
- For the purpose of meeting Access to Information obligations.
- Retention of records
- To conduct research and data analysis.
- Who will my personal data be shared with and how will it be used
Your details will be stored securely and retained in compliance with GDPR and the new Data Protection Act. This information will be used to evaluate this project and to report to SYMCA for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
Your details will be used to support the UKSPF research and evaluation activities. SYMCA may need to share all or some of your personal data with the national evaluator of the UKSPF programme. In some cases, the national evaluator may use the contact details to contact a sample of direct or indirect beneficiaries for the purpose of the National Evaluation of the programme. It is likely that the survey methodology will need to incorporate a variety of approaches in order, to maximise the survey response rate (for example, telephone survey, written survey, and e-mail survey) – hence the need for a variety of contact details required for each participant.
SYMCA will not give any personal data to any other organisation unless needed for the purpose of the evaluation and will instruct them not to use it to contact individuals for any reasons not connected with the purpose of Evaluation, it will only provide what is needed, and if possible, will remove the details that might identify individuals personally. SYMCA will not transfer personal data outside the European Union, to third countries or international organisations.
We will only store your details and communicate with you in any shape or form if you have opted in to allow us to do so. Should you at any time wish to opt out from us contacting you please contact your Launchpad Advisor and request to be removed from all mailing lists. We will then confirm that the requested action has been completed, after which time no further correspondence will be sent to you from Launchpad.
- What are individual’s rights?
Unless subject to an exemption under the UK GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you.
- The right to request that we amend or rectify any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time (Only where consent is relied upon as a processing condition).
- The right to request that the we as the data controller provide you the data subject with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) (This right only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means).
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) (This only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics)
- The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing. (We do not make automated decisions)
- How long will we keep your data?
South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority will only collect information that is necessary for the purposes for which it was described above or in another privacy notice provided to you, or that is required by law. We will retain this for no longer than reasonably necessary.
- Contact details